02 October 2011

Let the Wedding Season Begin

The wedding season for me began on the 30th of August 2011 with the first wedding which is for Mei Mon. It was kinda funny that Mei Foong's chi mui's we more "kan cheong" then she was. The chi mui's where rushing her instead of the other way around. I think Mei Foong is one of the most chillax brides out there and I think all the would to be brides out there should learn from her.

The morning for Amy and I began by heading to Holiday Inn Glenmarie for the garden wedding ceremony. Initially I thought we would be there for the "cip san leong". However we was told to be there by 930am and when we got there at 9, everything was over already. It was just waiting for the garden wedding.

I have to say for all the chillax-ness of the bride and bridegroom, they put together a very nice and quaint garden ceremony. The decorations were very simple yet elegant and the theme for the day seems to be light/baby blue. In anticipation of the day being hot, the couple prepared some nice door gifts for everyone.



Each of the guest was to get one of these nice little wooden fans in case the day gets too warm. However it was a nice day and I actually didn't see many of them being used. It even came with a very nice Thank You note pinned to the fan.


As you can see the color theme for the day is light blue and then even got similar colored roses.


Not sure if you can see it or not, but in the background of the flowers, you can see the balloon statue of a bride and bridegroom. It was a nice touch and it is the first time I ever saw that. Again for a couple who never prepared much, it is a very good effort.

Before the ceremony started, the wedding coordinator (Sherry Lee) was running around making sure everything is in order. She did a very good job and even sang a few songs for the dinner. Anyone needs a professional wedding coordinator can hire her.



They also prepared some food and drinks for everyone and again, a very nice touch.




They where so pretty, I just had to take some photos of them. It also had a big Thank You note on it and the little cupcakes were made by Mei Foong's sister and brother in law. The big event started with of course none other then the Mei Foong walking down the aisle. I think Holiday Inn did a great job here as actually she started from the restaurant where it was air-conditioned. It kept the bride cool and calm till it was time to walk down the aisle.




Usually, people have this forced smile and you see it alot in photos. However the smile on Mei Foong's face on that day is really price-less. I have known Mei Foong since high school (however never really that close. She was the smart one and I was the not so smart one) and I do not think I have ever seen here that happy before. This is what I call a very very very genuine happy smile. Not forgetting of course the bridegroom. One thing a lot of people miss during this part of the wedding phase is the expression on the bridegroom's face. Everyone is so concentrated on the bridge (photographers included) that they forget the groom is right in front as well.

I always feel that at this point of a wedding, you will see real and raw emotions from both the couple and it is something often missed.


Look at that smile, once again that is a very very genuine and raw smile that is hard to get on normal occasions. 





Yea I admit, I didn't take enough pictures from Mei Foong's perspective. I was sitting on Simon's side hence it is easier to take pictures of Mei Foong. After the ceremony, we tucked into the cup cakes and of course take a group picture.



As the families were taking their group pictures, we walked out of the sun and I tried to take some dramatic pictures as well.


The shadow wasn't what I expected but I guess that has to do without any flash. After we got our group picture with the couple, we were treated to a very nice buffet lunch at the hotel's coffee terrace.

It was a very nice and elegant garden wedding. Good work to the couple and their helpers. Bravo. Hope the Happy couple had a great time during their Honeymoon

No comments:

Post a Comment