11 July 2012

Want and Need

I always view life as ironic. I always feel that the thing you want most, you will never get unless you work hard at it. Unfortunately this is what is happening to me at the moment as I sit here writing this blog post. I am at my most broke these couple of months ever since we got married and shifted into our house. Over the past couple of months my credit card bill has been ballooning and there is no sign of stopping since this month I got my car to service and August is when my car insurance is due for payment.

It is this few months as well, where there are quite a few announcement of stuff which I really want. First of all is.....



That is the new Google Nexus 7 tablet. It sports a quad core, 1GB ram, 7 inch IPS panel which looks so good that this is the first time I ever wanted a tablet. It comes also with Jelly Bean and 8GB worth of storage. The price point is only $199 and I am waiting for it to come to Malaysia to see how much it would cost.

Next is.....


the Google Galaxy Nexus. This is the flagship smartphone by Google which sports a dual core 1.2Ghz processor with 1GB of RAM and a 4.75" HD screen putting out 1280x800 pixels. Hardware wise it might not be as great is the Samsung Galaxy SIII but it is pure Android without any caressing from HTC, Samsung and the likes and each new iteration of Android, it will be getting it first. Google announce Jelly Bean 2 weeks back at Google I/O and today it is ready for download for the Galaxy Nexus. Unfortunately this beast of a phone cost close to RM2000 r.r.p. A bit out of my range now but it will be a welcome replacement for my aging HTC Desire.

From smartphone/tablet we go to another hobby which I have neglected for quite a while and I want to get.....


Introducing the Canon EF40mm F2.8 STM. It is basically a fixed focal lens which is so super thin. According to reports it is majorly sharp and the STM means Smooth Transition Motor. It was built mainly with videographers in mind. It is also a very bright lens at a fixed aperture of F2.8. Surprising thing about this little guy is that it doesn't get sharper when stopped up. 

All those mambo jambo specifications and all are great but the main thing attracting me this lens is how small it is.


The back lens cap is just about as thick as the entire lens. This is how it would look like fixed on my camera....


Well not exactly my camera since that is the brand new Canon EOS 5D MKIII. I cannot remember the last time I bought a lens and at the price point of RM600+ it is a very tempting as well.

Last but not least is.....


Logitech G27 racing wheel. It is a dual motor force feed-back which allows you to feel the road. I was up in Penang a few weeks back where my brother had one and of course we were playing it all throughout the weekend. It is so real that when you go on the curbs you can feel the steering wheel moving to one side and under heavy breaking the wheels turns wildly. On top of that you also get....


That is a 6 speed manual gear shifter and also 1 reverse gear. It is so real to engage reverse gear you need to push down on the gear knob to engage reverse. It of course also comes with....


Notice there is 3 paddles and one of them is for the clutch. Oh you actually need to step on the clutch just to engage them gears like a normal car. The price for this little baby is around RM900+ and again a bit out of my budget at the moment.

So looks like everything that I want and need at the moment is out of my budget. Guess got to stop dreaming, get back to work and work harder to buy these babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment