01 May 2012

Food Food Food and More Food

If you think we went to Bangkok for sight seeing well you sure thought wrong. When 4 foodies from Malaysia end up meeting in Bangkok we will do nothing but well just MAKAN!!!! After our Dean & Deluca brunch, we went to meet up with Chong's friend nearby for lunch. We decided to have something simple and "cheng" and we ended up at...




The building has 2 different restaurants which one was a Fine Dine Thai cuisine restaurant and the other was a steamboat restaurant. We opted for the steamboat one....


You would think that we went all the way to Bangkok to have steamboat, heck there is plenty of steamboat here in Malaysia. Actually that is what I thought when we walked into the restaurant but one taste of the soup, even before we put anything in made me change my entire mind. The soup off the bat was fantastic, it isn't like normal soup stock but it was already very tasty and had a bit of  tea taste. To add to the wonderful soup taste we ordered.....






On top of that we can't get through lunch without having.....


Everything was super fantastic. The fish and meat balls were nice and how do I say this "springy". Basically it is not soft after being cooked and every time you took a bite it just bounces back at you. The vegetable was fresh and crunchy and well the sukiyaki pork I mean what is there more to say. Sliced so thinly that you just have to dip it in the soup for like 5 seconds and it was cooked. On top of that you get a nice spicy and sweet sauce to dip in. Last but not least of course is the roast pork and its sauce. Skin was nice and crispy, meat was salty but still soft. Even I was super full from hotel breakfast, brunch and Dean & Deluca I still enjoyed my lunch very much.

We took our time finishing lunch, Chong's friend had to go back to work when it was a public holiday and we went to to Platinum Mall. The girls went crazy shopping at Platinum mall which I was told where most Malaysian boutique owners come to find their stock of clothes. We hardly walked inside but from what I saw it was like 5 or 6 levels of just girls clothing. I think the ladies really went nuts inside. Chong and I went to the mall beside to look for a WiFi router for Chong's friend. We spent quite a few hours there and finally ended up back at Banyan Tree.

We had some time before dinner and while chit chatting in our room, Chong decided to give us a Yoga lesson. We did some yoga while waiting for Chong's friend to get off work. I think at this point of time I realised that I got too much fat as it was getting in the way of some of the Yoga poses. Hehe.

We met up with Chong's friend after he got off work and he asked us what we want to have for dinner. We said we wanted some local Thai food and not "farang" food. He finally took us to Victoria Monument to....



We could either take a cab, BTS (train system in Bangkok) or take a bus. We ruled out Cab because it was jam and it would take us the same amount of time as the bus but cost a heck a lot more. We wanted to be a bit adventurous and finally we decided on...



It was well kinda super cool, it ain't got any A/C and check it out...


The floor of the bus is wooden. I think this was the first time the whole day I felt famished and if you checked out the entrance to the restaurant, as a visitor you never would have walked in. However after walking in you will be transported back to like the 1970s or 1980s.










We allowed Chong's friend to order since he is a local Thai and he speaks Thai as well. I think that was basically the best choice we did the entire trip because we ended up with....











  1. 4 angle beans thai style
  2. Tom Yam soup
  3. Tom Sap (I think)
  4. Fried Pork
  5. Stir Fry Vegetable
  6. Som Tam
  7. Deep Fried Cat fish with salad
  8. Fried Rice
It was the absolutely best Thai meal I ever had in my life. We couldn't stop raving about it and Ee von was trying to get as much details about this restaurant so she could come back again. We took our time and eventually..


We washed everything down with some...


and we were all happy campers...



It ended up being the best meal the entire trip. I am still drooling over it.......

3 comments:

  1. oooo...salavating.....hungrrrrrryyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm writing these down for the next trip to Bangkok. Anymore to share?!!

    *Excited and Hungry*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still got. Just no time to type it out. Haha. We only finished 2 days I think.

    ReplyDelete