21 June 2012

Stupid Website

We have been hearing a lot of news about how a few MAS flights have been turned around due to engine troubles recently. Mei Foong was actually on one of the plane on the way to Sydney when it happened and I even told her come on you are on Boeing 747 and they have 4 engine. So even if one cuts out still got 3 mah.

Anyway I used to fly quite a bit and I have always liked to take MAS for work because well the company pays for it and also I do not need to stop over which reduces the travel time by a whole load. The timing for MAS flights are also much better most of the times. The service was pretty good compared to most but yea the planes are getting a bit old.

However recently I have seen a real decline in the service by MAS and it once again looks like it is going to shits. I always hail the time of Idris Jala as when MAS was really heading up. A lot of people actually said Idris Jala just played with some of the numbers, sold the planes back to the government and leased it back at a low price to make it look like MAS is making a profit. However at that time I was actually travelling the most and I really did see a big improvement of the service of MAS.

He made some changes for instance the meals on the short flight from being hot meals to simple meals like sandwiches, a fruit and a little snack. I think this is a very good idea and would save MAS a heck alot of money because they all came in disposable packing and are very small compared to the started hot meals.

Anyway I digress, the reason for this blog post was I wanted to head to Enrich website to see if I could actually redeem some of my enrich points before they expire. I forgot my enrich number so instead of logging on, I went to their travel planner to see how many points I would need for say a flight to Kota Kinabalu. I came across this....

Bringing you enriching experience like never before? Oh yea I have to say it is quite enriching because I do not know what the heck the selections where. It asked me to select where I want to travel to and they are all in short travel airline form. I mean what the heck is KIX and KHH? Even the KUL one had 4 freaking selections. I am guessing the person who did this site thought hey everyone works for the airline company and should know that LHR means London Heathrow and LAX-TPE is a flight to Los Angeles via Taipei.

For a company as "prestigious" as MAS, I think this is a very piss poor effort and especially so when they say Bringing You Enriching Experiences Like Never Before. Yea if you tell me what KIX meant it would be very enriching.

No comments:

Post a Comment