26 December 2012

Giverny

Giverny is a little quaint town in the north of France and it is about 45 minutes away by train from Paris. The 3 of us decided to do something different and head to Giverny which is famous for Claude Monet's home and garden. Sze Jean told me that the Claude Monet's house was closed during the winter but they kept telling me there is a garden and I thought it was an open park for some reason. However, I wasn't told that the garden is also in the house and they are closed together. Anyway we still took the train to Vernon.

We arrived at Vernon and were told there are 3 ways to get to Giverny.....
  1. Take local shuttle
  2. Walk to Giverny (5.5km walk)
  3. Rent a bicycle and cycle there
Guess which method we decided to take.....






None of us have ridden a bike in many years but like they say everything is just like riding a bike. It  can't be that hard. So equipped with a very rough map, we set off and cycled towards Giverny. On the way we stopped by a bridge over the river and took some pictures...






We were cycling towards Giverny and I saw a bakery and wanted to get some water. I asked the ladies if they wanted anything and Ee Von specifically asked for not 1 but 2 baguette. The worst thing is that it wasn't mainly for eating but more for taking photos. Sze Jean made a boo boo and asked for something soft and short. She meant croissant or pain au chocolate but Ee Von and I took it totally out of context and Sze Jean regretted asking for it for the rest of the trip.

After we got some water and Sze Jean had her soft and short bread, we took off and I saw this fantastic tree for some photography.....


After I took this picture, the ladies caught up and I got a fantastic idea to do some portrait shots of the ladies.....









We spent a good half an hour there and then cycled on towards Claude Monet's house. The path towards Giverny was so nice and I could not stop again to take some more pictures....







We finally sort of reached the are of Claude Monet's house.....



At this point Ee Von started to get hungry and started to ravage the baguette....






Since the train from Vernon to Paris was only comes once every 2 hours, we decide to cycle back towards the train station. My butt was also getting super painful from all the cycling. It was however a very nice ride and I am super glad we decided to come to Giverny.


On the way back, the ladies couldn't help to drop in a nice shop selling pastries...



While waiting for the train, we sat down at a cafe to have our pastries and some cam whoring and beer....







It was a seriously nice day out and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We did some cam whoring, did some exercise, enjoyed the nice weather. Although we didn't see Claude Monet's house but it was so worth and throughout the trip, I so wished that Amy was there to see it as well. Oh well next time.

That is it for this Paris trip. This time around I enjoyed my Paris trip so much more. Maybe I won't be so reluctant to head back to Paris the next time. If my company sends me there again....

No comments:

Post a Comment