18 December 2012

Paris Again

Oh yea it is that time of the year again when my company sends me to Paris for the Cartes exhibition. People who have frequented my blog knows that I never liked Paris. However this time around I have to say that the Parisian people have changed since the last I was in Paris in 2010. They are a bit more friendlier and nothing bad happened to me this trip around.

There was 2 random act of kindness that I experienced this time around...
  1. While I was buying a train ticket, a train personnel actually took the time to help me buy the ticket. However actually I didn't need any help since I have done it many times
  2. I was on the train one morning and my laptop bag was open and someone on the train actually told me it was open. Although it was in French and I don't know how I managed to establish he was telling me that my bag was not zipped up.
I arrived a day earlier then I was suppose to be because I thought we had to work on Sunday. However my customer told me the booth would only be ready on Monday so I took Sunday off. I checked into my normal aparthotel and I was totally surprised that the room was ready for me to move in. That is the first good thing that happened on this trip.

I moved in and settled in before decided to head out to a park called Parc Des Buttes Chaumont. This time around I was kinda broke heading to this trip so I googled best free things to do in Paris and one of them which I have not gone to was Parc Des Buttes Chaumont. On the way out of the hotel, I saw this on the road....


Yea it looks a bit scary and it remind me of Chucky for some stupid reason. I got off the Metro station and it was slightly drizzling. I was telling myself dang and I am walking in the park and it is raining. When I got into the park proper, man there was a lot of people jogging and exercising. It started to rain a bit heavier and people were still jogging and exercising. In Malaysia everyone will be back at home or at the mamak already. Haha.

It was end of Autumn and the start of winter so there was orange leaves and some of the trees have all dropped their leaves...






I walked around the park for an hour or so before finding the attraction of this park....


That is the Temple of Sybil which is built on top of a 30 meter cliff surrounded by a lake. I climbed up towards the temple and this is the fantastic view from the top of that peak....


I walked around a bit more and then head back to the hotel. By the way I found out that the 1st Sunday of the month in Paris, I think most shops are closed or only open half day only. On the way to the park, I saw the supermarket was open and I was planning to buy some stuff on the way back. 

However when I got back to my hotel area, the supermarket was closed and I had to walk quite a distance to another supermarket to get my stuff. In the end I stayed the rest of the day at the hotel and fell asleep at 7pm Paris time. I wanted to stay up until at least 9pm but by 7pm I cannot tahan already and fell asleep. Haha. 

Tomorrow is the first day of work and it is gonna be "fun".......

No comments:

Post a Comment