08 July 2010

KLCC

When people come to Malaysia they only know Royal Selangor Pewter and KLCC. It really surprises me how popoular Royal Selangor Pewter is overseas. However Royal Selangor was in the last post. So this post is about the one time when I went to KLCC park for a walk.

I remember it was one weekend where Amy had to work that weekend in KLCC. So I decided to give her a surprise by going down to KLCC to have lunch with her. I decided to make a trip out of it so instead of just heading down for lunch, I decided to go early to take some pictures of the iconic landmark. I decided to take the LRT down instead of driving since I might be able to get a ride back with Amy.






As most Malaysians would know the Twin Towers are actually office buildings connected with a bridge right in the middle on the 41st and 42nd floor. It was the tallest tower between 1998 to 2004 where it was topped by the Taipei 101. As it stands The Petronas Twin Towers is still the 3rd tallest tower in the world.

I have been to the shopping complex many time but never actually been up to the bridge or the park outside.  Unfortunately by the time I got to KLCC the bridge tickets were all gone, so decided to head to the park instead.

The park had fantastic views of the surronding area and since it was still early-ish in the morning it was calm and not that hot.




Right around the park there is a playground for children. I was lucky because it was early in the morning and there were not many people around. I think parents would be calling in the cops since I was walking about the playground with a super long lens taking pictures.





Right beside the Twin towers sits Menara Maxis. I always thought that it was owned by Maxis. However actually the building is owned by KLCC but because Maxis pays a certain sum then they call it Menara Maxis.


Another interesting is the clock is not actually always on. It actually flickers. There were a few shots I took where some of the segments in the numbers were missing.

Amy actually spotted me from her office all the way up there while I was in the park. Of course I did tell her I was in the park a my photography equipment.

It was a fun outing and I think I need another round there to take more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment