21 July 2010

When Life gives you Lemons

One thing which I learned in life that is that the more you want something the further it gets. Life is very ironic in a sense that you seldom (but never) get what you want. It has happened to me many times before and it will continue to happen to me in life. Nowadays I go through life working for the best but not expecting the best but maybe the second best. If I get the best option then it is a bonus.

This allows me to be less disappointed in life when I do not get the best. Sometimes when you think about it, was it that important to get the best? Could I settle for second best?


Everyone has heard of the phrase "When Life Gives You Lemons, You Make Lemonade". I got a phrase of my own, "When Life Gets You Down, Think About People Who Are Less Fortunate". If you go through life this way you will be a better person.

I also heard another phrases yesterday on TV yesterday which is good for all my friends out there who are currently wallowing in self pity about being single or being dumped.

"I know that you think you need to change for people to like you. However I am sure there is someone out there who will like you for all you are and love the things you hate about yourself the most"

I think it is a pretty good phrase. By the way, if you want to donate to Yvoone Foong you can also get mooncakes for her through this link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment